Last Updated: June 18, 2004
What Information We Collect
As a general matter, you can browse the Website without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information.
- When you register for an account on the Website;
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
- When you participate in surveys, panels, or research;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with processing your grant applications;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving Areopa properties;
- When you participate in communities, chat rooms, and other interactive services;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the Website;
- When you provide user-generated content on any part of the Website that permits it; and
- In conjunction with any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”).
We also collect and store certain other information regarding our users’ use of the Website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.
How We Combine Your Information
We may combine information gathered from the Website and information that we have received, gathered, acquired, or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by the Areopa Group and information received from third parties – including information that currently exists in our files – into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect offline or receive from third-party sources (e.g., contact information from clients, government, funders or grantor information) to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Website. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your account or transactions with us and sending you information about features on our Website or about the Areopa Group;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Personalizing content and experiences on our Website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your grant application or employment application;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization
How We Share Your Information
The Areopa Group adheres to the standards of ethical practices in all our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Website.
We do occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates and shamrock partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Website.
The Areopa Group strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website. But no transmission and storage of data is completely secure, and submissions are at your sole risk.
The Areopa Group shall not be liable under any circumstances for damages resulting from use of information collected from visitors to the Website.
Questions and comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, if you would like to change your preferences, if you no longer wish to receive e-mail updates from the Areopa Group, or if you believe the Areopa Group has erroneous or incomplete information about you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.